Monday, April 22, 2013

KL's WILD URBAN SALAD

The spring weather is on point for fresh good local food that grows naturally in the wild... Even in the suburbs of St. Louis, MO.

So, while getting some cardio exercise (walking through the neighborhood) after my chest and abs workout, I took notice of lots of wild dandelions and wild green onions growing practically in every yard.

On my way home I grabbed some wild green onions along the way, then right in my own front yard, dandelions are in full bloom with greens the size of kale leaves so I picked a few of the greens right off of the living plant... Talk about fresh, huh?!

So here's the fast, healthy and simple home made recipe I whipped up in a few minutes!

Ingredients:

Organic Green Leaf Lettuce
Wild Dandelion Greens
Wild Green Onion
Cilantro
Red Bell Pepper
Dill Weed


For my tasty home made dressing (not shown), I added the following ingredients together:

Cold Pressed Olive Oil
Organic Raw Blue Agave Nectar
Fresh Squeezed Key Lime
Cayenne Pepper
Sea Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment