Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"SS" PANCAKES

"SS" doesn't mean 'Super Sport' or 'Sirkle Sity' (this time)... It stands for "SUPER SPELT!"

I woke up shortly after 5am this morning, took some herbs (Viento and T1), did a quick workout and hit the shower. With success and breakfast on my mind, I decided to whip up big pancakes for breakfast since I have a long day of training classes ahead of me.

Breakfast is a very important meal. I start the day with healthy, natural, nourishing food that will fill me up and get my day off to a great start!

So here's what I did, I got:
1 1/2 cups whole spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cups milk water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon raw almond butter
1 banana (mashed and stirred)

Preheat stove top and non-stick pan on med-high setting. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Once fully combined, mix in remaining wet ingredients until combined. Mix until batter is mostly smooth and lump free (depending on how mashed the banana is). If batter is too thick, add water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches desired consistency.

Once your stove top and the non-stick pan is ready, use olive oil to coat the non-stick pan. Pour just enough batter to form a pancake of the desired size.
Watch pancake closely, when the batter starts to bubble and the center does not look very 'gooey', and the edges are just brown, it's time to flip the pancake over babe! Cook for approximately 2 more minutes.

Serve warm with organic grade B maple syrup, and/or 100% fruit topping (ex. strawberry, blueberry, raspberry). 

Straight firrrrre!
Now back to my FAST & BUSY life...
Holla at ya boy =]


2 comments: